Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fall has come!!

I think fall has finally come to Oklahoma. These last few days have been on the cooler side and last night it was actually cool in our house so this morning I turned on the heat to take the chill off. Because of this weather I thought I would make my favorite cookie Pumpkin Chocolate chip. I love this time of year even though I can make them year round they always seem to taste better in the fall. So Makena and I went to the store while Tanner was sleeping to get the rest of the things I needed to make the cookies. Well after getting started I realised I didn't have enough flour or any baking soda so it was off to the store again. Thankfully tanner slept the whole time!!! So get get back and then finished our cookies. I wished I had taking pictures of Makena helping but I was so involved with making them I forgot to take pictures Oh well next time for sure!!! I did get the recipe typed in to word so I'll add it here so for those who would like to make them can!!!!


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minuets
Yields: 84 Cookies

Ingredients

1 cup shortening
2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips.(I use mini chips)
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)


Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees F (190 Degrees C). Grease Cookie Sheets
2. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla and pumpkin until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into the pumpkin mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips. Stir in the walnuts if desired. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until edges begin to brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I LOVE pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! I just found that I had another can of pumpkin and I have chocolate chips. I may just have to make these. Thanks for the recipe, I didn't have one!

Kara said...

Mmm, I love those too but haven't made them. My mom used to make them all the time. I'll need to save this recipe to try out some time :)