Thursday, November 08, 2007

WOW

Is all i have to say for myself. About 2 weeks or so ago I received some Amish friendship bread starter to make, 10 days later we made our first batch of bread and gave 3 more starters away to friends, well today was the day to make bread again and I'm happy to say that I did it and I'm going to keep one of the starters so I can make bread again in 10 days!!!!! I have never kept with something like this in a while and I love how my house smells while it is baking!! Yummy. I also made Sweet Pork yesterday in the crock pot and it turned out very good. Thanks Natalie for the recipe that i'll pass it along to everyone.

Sweet Pork
4-5 lb. Pork Roast

Cover 1/2 way with water & cook on low in a crock pot for 6 hours, (you can also use a roasting pan & cook it for 6 hours at 275 degrees.)

Drain liquid & add:

1 Can regular Coke (we used a 20 oz bottle of Coke)
1 large bottle of Red Taco Sauce (we used the Taco Bell brand)
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Cumin

Cook for another three hours on low & shred meat.

It makes quite a bit and it even tastes better the next day as the meat has had even more time to soak up the juices and gives it more flavor!!

I feel very happy with myself and I am hoping that I can only improve on this, its been a very good week for me, i've kept up on the kids mess and Makena has improved on helping keep her room picked up!!! Maybe i'm a better mother then I thought but I still have a ways to go.

:)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I'm glad you liked it! We froze some to eat later. I got the recipe from a commenter and I LOVE it!