Monday, November 05, 2007

Go Patriots!!!

Many may know or don't know that my husband is a HUGE football fan, and his favorite team is the New England Patriots! Well on our recent trip to Texarkana to get his glasses fixed we went to some craft stores to get some material for my SIL's baby blanket. Well the first store we went to didn't have what I was looking for but TJ found exactly what he wanted and he wasn't even looking for it!! He found some Flannel with the Patriots all over it!! Yep he wanted a tie blanket and I said I would make it. He wanted it big and I mean big so we ended up with 3 Yards of the stuff as well as a solid color. I spend my Saturday while Tanner slept getting the blanket all lined up and ready to cut the strips to tie. Makena was such a big help and really enjoyed cuddling with it while TJ slept. I'm happy to say that the Patriots beat the Colts 24-20 and that my blanket was a big hit for him and the kids.





3 comments:

Kara said...

YAY Pats! We love the Patriots here too :D That was a close game yesterday. I actually have that same flannel, but not sure if I have enough for a blanket, I should check, that would be awesome!

Beth said...

Wow; that blanket looks really terrific!! I am impressed.

Love your new look on your blog, too.

Natalie said...

Josh would ADORE that blanket. Being New England born and bred he loves the Pats and teases me for liking the Broncos. LOL! I'll have to look for fabric like that...I don't know how to do those blankets though, but I want to learn how to make all kinds of blankets...I need a hobby and love homemade stuff.