Saturday, November 10, 2007

Folk Festival

Each year they have a Folk Festival up at the lake so after TJ working all night he so kindly stayed up so that we could take a drive and go see what they had to offer!!! We had so much fun and the kids got to dip some candles which Makena was totally excited about! We also bought the kids Christmas ornaments so they would have something unique on the tree this year (Makena got a pine cone Angel and Tanner picked a Snowman Okra). We also picked up some honey which I'm excited to try as its dark honey and is suppose to be better for you. They had a petting zoo for the little kids and my kids thought that was the best thing and they were both so good with the animals.


Waiting for dad to use the restroom


Riding the tractor tram from the parking lot up to the visitor center



The Petting Zoo


Makena turning the handle of a 1907 sewing machine


After we got back down to where we had parked our car the kids wanted to go play on the playground that they have there next to the river.


I climbed on after the little girl got off so I could spin and swing the kids, so I thought I would take a pic of the kids while spinning, the one of tanner didn't turn out but this one of Makena I think is way cool



Lacie these pictures are for you!!! Wasn't this the outfit that Remi was wearing when Asia was born??? If not I can't believe how cute they both look in it!!


2 comments:

Natalie said...

What fun times! :)

Rhiannon said...

That is so funny that you remember that! And yes! It is! When I saw the first pict of them in the stroller I thought "Hey I know those clothes!" But, I had forgoten they were what Rem was wearing the day his little sis was born. Once you said that I remembered seeing him asleep on the couch with that on. Funny! Don't give that one away ok. Has so stay in the family I guess! We do have such handsome dudes!