Saturday, November 10, 2007

Stand Mixer

With all the recipes I use today a lot require some type of mixer to use especially the desserts that I make. As a kid growing up we did have a hand held mixer that wasn't very easy to use once you started adding in the flour and ended up having to use your hands to get the rest of the flour mixed it. Well as I grew older I come across this wonderful recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and as it makes quite a bit it is not the easiest recipe to use with a hand held mixer or stirring by hand but with the Hamilton Beach® Stand Mixer would make this job super easy. I wanted to share this great recipe with you

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1cup shortening
2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1(15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 cups all purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, Grease cookie sheets

In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the vanilla and pumpkin until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into the pumpkin mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips. Stir in the walnuts if desired. Drop by teaspoon to prepared cookie sheet.

Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, till edges are nicely brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet then remove and place on wire rack to cool completely.


I have really enjoyed using different mixers during my life and I feel that the Hamilton Beach® Mixer would be the best choice for us. With their mixer they have the ability to mix 9 dozen cookies, or 4 1lb loafs of bread. I am sure that there isn’t another mixer out there that would be able to stand up to that type of mixing. I do have a mixer and I’m currently pleased with how it performs but I know that it won’t last forever and when we do look in to getting a new mixer I’m defiantly going to be looking at the Eclectrics® Mixer




1 comment:

Natalie said...

I've given you an award on my blog!