Wednesday, February 06, 2008

We survived the TORNADO

yes we were one of those that received tornado's last night. It bounced around our town and actually hit about 2 blocks away and the bounced back up and then touched down and made its way east to Arkansas. We didn't receive any damage except loosing power for a few hours while they fixed the power line that went down due to the tree that fell on it (2 blocks away). I just thank heveanly father that we are safe and nothing serious happend to us.



This us just down and around the cornor from our house.



The top of the tree hit this house and the lady left shortly before the tree fell or it would have smashed her car. The tree pretty much layed right down between to big trees


Sorry they are so blurry but it was still raining and it was hard to get a good picture. This is the tree that knocked out our power.



After they got it cut up and were waiting on the electric company to come and start working to restore power


This is the same tree just on the other side.



With the tornado bouncing it hit this place called Bunches. I over heard the owner telling another customer this morning that they saw it coming and she was yelling to the people inside to move away from the windows and I guess at one point one person went outside for who knows what reason and they were unable to open the door because of the pressure. I'm not sure what happened in the end but the person is ok. This is all that happened to this place it ripped of the top and none of the windows broke!!


Some picture of downtown. It mostly just ripped of signs but a few old bulidings had the roofs ripped off

4 comments:

Jannah said...

Wow, I'm glad you guys are okay. When I saw the headlines this morning I was worried about you, but your state wasn't listed as one of bad damage. I would have been scared out of my mind.

Natalie said...

Scary! That reminds me of the summer of 98, I lived in Illinois and a tornado hit just barely outside of town. There was a tree down that had to be cut up so the road could open (it was the road I took to work). Bunches of business signs, including the gas station around the corner, lost their signs (shattered). I'm glad you're ok!!!

Lorie said...

Wow! We had a bad storm blow through here and the building across the street's roof was in our yard!

Joanna said...

I love your blog! So cute! Thanks for letting me know about it. It is good to see pix of the kids & get to know you better. I am so glad you guys are OK - no tornadoes hit in our city, thank goodness! But there were many who weren't so lucky. I loved the pix of your daughter's barbie movie - totally brought back memories of my childhood. I'm tagging you so go to my blog to get more info.