Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Makena's Birthday

I realised I haven't talked about what we did for Makena's birthday, so I figured now would be as good as time as ever. We decided not to have a party for her since I ended up having a Primary Leadership meeting at the stake center 2 hrs away and it would take up my whole day driving to and from. So we thought we would do it on Friday the 10th but that ended up being Homecoming week as well and the football game was Friday, and there were to many other problems so we just bagged the whole idea.


So on Friday the 3rd Makena helped me make cupcakes to take to her class for her birthday. We had some fun decorating them and it was a surprise for Makena as she only knew that she was getting cupcakes with chocolate frosting!! I kept thinking that I needed to add something to them to make them cute so I thought since it was Halloween soon something Halloweenie would be cute so we got the Autumn mix of candy corn and pumpkins would be good. So TJ frosted the cupcakes for me and then started adding the stuff on top and got really creative with them!! This is how they turned out!! Makena was so excited and had a great time sitting and eating her cupcakes!! Her classmates thought they were so cool!!!






The Cupcakes







Makena's Pre-K class

Makena loving her cupcake!!



After we got done eating our cupcakes outside we headed back in to finish up the day. Her teacher gave her the choice to stay or leave, We asked her and she wanted to stay and finish out the day which would only 20 or so mins. After we got home we let her open up her presents from TJ and I and then we made dinner and just had a great time!!

Makena at her table
She got 2 new shirts, a 3d viewfinder





And a cute baby doll that came with its own carrier and sleeping bag.



Opening her present from Grandma and Grandpa Babcock, She received a super cute Cinderella dress with matching dress for her doll.


She loved the dress so much she had to try it on right away.


And this is how she looked on Sunday! Super cute!!

My handsome little boy, and his car shoes, oh those shoes will be the death of me if we ever loose them and not to mention what am I going to do when they become to small. He had his church shoes on and from the time I went to brush my hair to the time I walked back to the living room he had changed shoes, and I had even tried to hide the shoes. Oh well at least he was happy right??!?

And if you made it this far!! YEAH!! We are dedicating our new add-on to our branch this Sunday so i'll have that to post about!! I am going to take pictues when I go tonight to help with Activity days.!! It looks so great and i'm so excited to be in the new chaple next sunday!!

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

We love you NENA! You look so BIG. Aunt Rhi just wants to shrink you... can you all just stop growing?

Happy Birthday to you... We love and miss you so much!