Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Makena's 1st day!







Well the day has finally come and Makena is at her first day of Pre-K. She has been so excited for a while now and when I woke her up this morning and told her that day was the day, she was so excited. We got her up and we snuggled in the chair for about 15 mins before we got her dressed and her hair done. We left and met dad at the school, we walked her to the gym where all the kids meet before heading to class. She sat with her class and didn't even bat and eyelash when it was time for us to leave and her to head to her classroom. I know that she will have a good time and I'm so excited to see her after she is done and to hear about all that went on today.






All ready to walk out the door


Her posing for me!! Showing off her new backpack!! (her school is required to have clear backpacks, I know crazy)
Her grin shows how excited she was.
We snuck in to the school so we could get a picture of her by her classroom.
Makena standing next to her Teacher

Me and Makena
She is so cute!!


Sitting waiting for class to start.
Tanner giving dad his million dollar smile as we are walking back to the car.

4 comments:

Karen and Kyle said...

I remember that day well with Courtney. Who is her teacher? I don't recognize her. Courtney had Ms. Weatherford...but I can tell that isn't her. Congrats! I know she'll have a blast!!

Anonymous said...

OK, so the backpack thing is a little weird, but at least she got a pink-lined one! She is so cute and looks SO proud!

Joanna said...

how fun! It is an all day every day kindergarten? She looks so happy!

Rhiannon said...

Congrats! You survived the first of many "I am my own person" milestones. Love you sis! I know it can suck!