Tuesday, March 04, 2008

K everyone sit down (lots of Pictures)

We got snow!!! Yes I said SNOW, white fluffy, beautiful, now I know that most of you are all sick of snow by now but i'm so happy to see it. We got about an inch or so but it was just enough to make the kids happy and for the schools to cancel. Yep they cancelled school, crazy I know. We had so much fun last night when it started that Makena didn't want to go to bed even though it was midnight, if I would have let her she would have been out playing last night. Once we got up this morning it was all I could do to keep them content till I could get their clothes on and to find some warmer coats, it resorted to Tanner wearing Makena's old snow coat that we got the year before we moved, and Makena was in a older coat as well, all though we didn't have gloves we still had a GREAT time. Makena and Tanner loved playing in the snow and I even had a great time, I'm glad that its all melted now but at least we got to play in it before it melted. It was funny when TJ was pulling up after getting home from work he wouldn't get out of the car because we were trying to hit him with a snowball, Silly daddy. He was telling me that as he went out to walmart last night (open 24hr) it was all slushy and he was thinking to himself that he is happy he doesn't have to drive in it every day. But as he got to walmart they had put up a sign saying they were closed because of the weather. Yep we get 1-2 inches of snow and the WHOLE town shuts down. I know it still makes me laugh just thinking about it.

This was last night as it started snowing, not much at first
I love this picture, I set my camera on night vision and this is the resolute.
Then it was like this heavy and sticking to everything!!

This was this morning, everything was so beautiful and peaceful.

Makena loved the snow and is so sad now that it has all melted

Tanners first attempted at walking in the snow

He was content with walking on the sidewalk for a while

The tree in our back yard

Our snowman, it was so cute then all of a sudden Makena walked up and pushed it over and just laughed silly girl

Looking down the road from our house.

We went for a walk and stopped to take some cool pictures through this branch that was hanging down in the road.

Looking back up toward our house.

5 comments:

Rhiannon said...

YEAH! You finally get a little! I'll bet Nena is just loving it... having had tons when she was little. What a new experience for little T.

Can I ship you more from here?

Stacey said...

Beautiful pics,it look slike a lot of fun!

That cracks me up that the town shuts down for 2 inches of snow. :D

P4 said...

Beautiful pictures! It makes me think for just a sec that I might like the snow....oh wait..no I don't, but you did great with the pictures. That is what it was like where I grew up...any snow at all meant everything closed!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the beautiful snow pictures. I can't believe I am saying this, but I honestly miss snow. OK not 9 month long Utah snow, but that kind, that goes away!

Natalie said...

This is going to sound bratty, but better you than me! I hate snow! LOL! I'm glad your kids had fun. :)